Master of Science in Physics:
The two year 120 ECTS MSc Program in Physics is designed to train students as competent physicists who would continue either with their Ph.D. studies for future academic appointments or turn to professional careers in industry within research and development companies, or in public sector.
The students will gain profound systematic knowledge in physics and develop the ability to identify and use theoretical knowledge in the context of real-life phenomena and engineering applications in technology innovation and entrepreneurship. The graduates are expected to acquire advanced analytical, mathematical, computational and experimental skills corresponding to the subjects of their Master projects.
Framework of the SST Physics Master’s Program:
Students are expected to become exposed to the international research environment. The program is designed to take advantage of the faculty expertise and the laboratory resources of the School of Science and Technology, and Nazarbayev University Research and Innovation System.
Graduates of the program will have advanced research skills that will enable them to make significant ongoing contributions in technologically diverse environments, both in Kazakhstan and abroad.
To apply now, please sign up and start filling out your application.
Applicants applying to the Master of Science in Physics program are expected to have:
1) an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, to be determined by the Admissions Committee;
2) a minimum CGPA of 2.75;
3) the required level of English proficiency as indicated below
4) 2 letters of recommendation;
5) a personal statement of purpose;
6) submission of a valid IELTS or TOEFL test report (must be submitted) unless the conditions for exemption are met (see below).
Required Level of English Proficiency:
The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the Master of Science in Physics program is overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0), or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website.
Applicants to the Master of Science in Physics program, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
- the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University