Master of Science in Robotics:
The two year 120 ECTS MSc Program in Robotics is designed to prepare students to work as professional scientists and engineers who can excel in academia, public policy, and private business fields in the field of robotics.
The curriculum was designed with respect to electrical, mechanical and artificial intelligence aspects of the modern robotics systems. Graduates will develop an advanced understanding of the critical issues involved in the design of robotic systems in a global economy as well as of the emerging proliferation of robotics in the service sector.
Framework of the SST Robotics Master’s Program:
Elective courses offered in the program are Human Robot Interaction, Mobile Robotics, Robotic Motion Planning, Humanoid Robotics, Biorobotics and Industrial Robotics.
The program intends to prepare graduates for jobs in growing priority sectors in Kazakhstan, including multiple manufacturing sectors, such as machinery, energy, chemistry, electronics and innovation. Graduates of the program will have advanced research skills that would enable them to explore important questions in intelligent systems and make significant ongoing contributions in technologically diverse and dynamic economic environments, both in Kazakhstan and abroad.
For more information on the Robotics MSc Program, please contact Atakan Varol, Associate Professor of Robotics, (ahvarol at nu.edu.kz).
To apply now, please sign up and start filling out your application.
Applicants applying to the Master of Science in Robotics program are expected to have:
1) an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, to be determined by the Admissions Committee;
2) a minimum CGPA of 2.75;
3) the required level of English proficiency as indicated below
4) 2 letters of recommendation;
5) a personal statement of purpose;
6) submission of a valid IELTS or TOEFL test report (must be submitted).
Required Level of English Proficiency:
The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the Master of Science in Robotics program is overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0), or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website.
Applicants to the Master of Science in Robotics program, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
- the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University