In the Department of Chemistry, we offer the Bachelor of Science degree program with a set of core courses and a list of electives in Organic, Inorganic, Physical, Analytical chemistry, and Biochemistry. We have provided the fundamental knowledge, essential problem solving skills and strategies in various chemistry related areas.
Industries where the major can be applied:
- Research and experimental development in natural sciences and engineering (NSE)
- Hazardous waste management
- Water Resource management
- Manufacture of coke, refined petroleum products and nuclear fuel
- Sergiienko, K.Moor, K.Gudun, Z. Yelemessova, R. Bukasov, Nanoparticle-nanoparticle vs. -nanoparticle-substrate hot spot contributions to the SERS signal: studying Raman labelled monomers, dimers and trimers. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 19 (2017)4478-4487.
- L Kaliyeva, S Zhumagali, N Akhmetova, A Karton, RJ O’Reilly. Stability of the chlorinated derivatives of the DNA/RNA nucleobases, purine and pyrimidine toward radical formation via homolytic C-Cl bond dissociation. J. Quantum Chem. DOI:10.1002/qua.25319
- K Wang, Q Ji, H Li, F Guan, D Zhang, H Feng, H Fan. Synthesis and antibacterial activity of silver@ carbon nanocomposites J. Inorg. Biochem. 166 (2017) 64.
- MP Balanay, KS Choi, SH Lee, DH Kim. Experimental and theoretical analysis of organic dyes having a double D-π-A configurations for dye-sensitized solar cells. Acta, Part A 173 (2017) 361.
- D Utepbergenov, PM Hennig, U Derewenda, MV Artamonov, AV Somlyo, ZS Derewenda. Bacterial Expression, Purification and In Vitro Phosphorylation of Full-Length Ribosomal S6 Kinase 2 (RSK2). PLoS One. Oct. 12, 2016. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0164343.
- HX Li, XY Wang, YP Wu, KJ Wang, F Guan, H Feng, H Fan. Preparation and Study of the Fluorescence Quenching for Different Core/Shell Structures Quantum Dots with Mercury (II) Induction. Synth. React. Inorg. Met.-Org. Chem. 46 (2016) 1571.
- J Tong, W Li, L Bo, H Wang, Y Hu, Z Zhang, A Mahboob. Selective oxidation of styrene catalyzed by cerium-doped cobalt ferrite nanocrystals with greatly enhanced catalytic performance. Catal. 344 (2016) 474.
- DA Dickie, BE Chacon, A Issabekov, K Lam, RA Kemp. Nickel(II) and nickel(0) complexes of bis(diisopropylphosphino)amine: Synthesis, structure, and electrochemical activity. Chim. Acta 453 (2016) 42.
- K Lam, RA Geiger. Synthesis and anodic electrochemistry of cymanquine and related complexes. J. Organomet. Chem. 817 (2016) 15.
- N Akhmetova, L Kaliyeva, RJ O’Reilly. Assessment of quantum chemical methods for the calculation of homolytic N–F bond dissociation energies. Data Collect. 5 (2016) 28.
- A Garifullina, A Mahboob, RJ O’Reilly. A dataset of homolytic C–Cl bond dissociation energies obtained by means of W1w 3 (2016) 21.
- Z Kazakbayeva, S Zhumagali, A Mahboob, RJ O’Reilly. Homolytic C–Br Bond Dissociation Energies Obtained by Means of the G4 Thermochemical Protocol. Data Collect. 2 (2016) 43.
- LL Estrella, MP Balanay, DH Kim. The Effect of Donor Group Rigidification on the Electronic and Optical Properties of Arylamine-Based Metal-Free Dyes for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells: A Computational Study. J. Phys. Chem. A 120 (2016) 5917.
- MV Sheridan, K Lam, M Sharafi, ST Schneebeli, WE Geiger. Anodic Methods for Covalent Attachment of Ethynylferrocenes to Electrode Surfaces: Comparison of Ethynyl Activation Processes. Langmuir 32 (2016) 1645.
- MP Balanay, DH Kim, H Fan. Revisiting the formation of cyclic clusters in liquid ethanol. Chem. Phys. 144 (2016) 154302.
- K Wang, X Wang, M Li, H Li, F Guan, D Zhang, H Feng, H Fan. Chemiluminescence of O-Doped Carbon Nanodots Prepared in Acidic and Alkaline Conditions. Biomater. Tissue Eng. 6 (2016) 35.