Dr. Durvudkhan Suragan received his Ph.D. in mathematics from Al-Farabi Kazakh National University in 2013. He has a master degree (with distinction) in theoretical physics from King’s College London. Prior to joining Nazarbayev University, he served in the Department of Mathematics at Imperial College London as a research associate and at Institute of Mathematics and Mathematical Modeling (Almaty) as a leading reseacher. His current research interests include analysis on Lie groups, applied mathematics (mathematical physics), PDE, potential theory and spectral geometry.
In 2013, Suragan was awarded the Konayev prize for young scientists (in Kazakhstan) for the best work in the field of natural sciences.
Recently Suragan has won the Ferran Sunyer i Balaguer Prize. The prize is awarded for a mathematical monograph of an expository nature presenting the latest developments in an active area of research in Mathematics, in which the applicant has made important contributions. Suragan won the prize for his (with Professor Michael Ruzhansky, Imperial College London) monograph entitled Hardy inequalities on homogeneous groups (100 years of Hardy inequalities).
1. Lp-Caffarelli-Kohn-Nirenberg type inequalities on homogeneous groups, to appear in Quarterly Journal of Mathematics, arXiv:1605.02520 (with Ozawa T. and Ruzhansky M.)
2. Extended Caffarelli-Kohn-Nirenberg inequalities, and remainders, stability and superweights for Lp-weighted Hardy inequalities,
Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, Ser. B, 5 (2018), 32-62. (with Ruzhansky M. and Yessirkegenov N.)
3. Layer potentials, Green formulae, Kac problem, and refined Hardy inequality on homogeneous Carnot groups,
Advances in Mathematics, 308 (2017), 483-528. (with Ruzhansky M.)
4. Uncertainty relations on nilpotent Lie groups, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 473 (2017),
no. 2201, 20170082. (with Ruzhansky M.)
5. On horizontal Hardy, Rellich, Caffarelli-Kohn-Nirenberg and p-sub-Laplacian inequalities on stratified groups,
Journal of Differential Equations, 262 (2017), 1799-1821. (with Ruzhansky M.)
6. On Green functions for Dirichlet sub-Laplacians on H-type groups, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications,
452 (2017), 896-905. (Garofalo N. and Ruzhansky M.)
7. Anisotropic L2-weighted Hardy and L2-Caffarelli–Kohn–Nirenberg inequalities,
Communications in Contemporary Mathematics, 19:06 (2017), 1750014. (with Ruzhansky M.)
8. Isoperimetric inequalities for Schatten norms of Riesz potentials, Journal of Functional Analysis,
271 (2016), 224-239. (Rozenblum G. and Ruzhansky M.)
9. Transfer of Sommerfeld radiation conditions to the boundary of a bounded domain,
Zhurnal Vychislitel’noi Matematiki i Matematicheskoi Fiziki, 52:6 (2012), 1063-1068. (with T.Sh. Kal’menov)
10. Determination of the structure of the spectrum of regular boundary value problems for differential equations
by VA Il’in’s method of anti-a priori estimates, Doklady Mathematics 78:3 (2008), 913-915. (with T.Sh. Kal’menov)