Mohamad Mosadeghzad, PhD
Department: Robotics and Mechatronics
Position: Assistant Professor
Phone: +7 (7172) 694701
2014 – Ph.D. University of Genova – Italian Institute of Technology (IIT), Genova, Italy
2008 – M.Sc. Bu-Ali Sina University, Hamedan, Iran
2005 – B.Sc. Bu-Ali Sina University, Hamedan, Iran
Locomotion, Torque Control, Stability, Dynamics Modeling, Humanoids, Mobile Platforms, Sensor Fusion, Biomechanics
Dr. Mohamad Mosadeghzad is an assistant professor in in the Department of Robotics and Mechatronics at Nazarbayev University’s School of Science and Technology. He received his B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Solid Design from Bu-Ali Sina University, Hamedan, Iran. He pursued his study in the same University and received the M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Design. His thesis topic and research interests in M.Sc. was dynamics modeling, stability and control of mobile robots and rovers. He continued his study in the Robotics and received a full scholarship from University of Genova to study Ph.D. in Italian Institute of Technology (IIT), Genova, Italy. In his Ph.D. he was part of the humanoids group of Advanced Robotics Department and was mostly involved in developing torque based control for CoMan humanoid including full body admittance and impedance controller and impedance based ankle torque stabilization strategy. After receiving Ph.D. he decided to explore the land of moose, Canada. In the new adventure of discovering this beautiful country he ended up doing Post-Doctoral research at University of Lethbridge in Cognitive Robotics lab of the Canadian Centre of Behavioral Neuroscience (CCBN). The post-Doctoral project was a collaboration between IIT and CCBN to improve the auditory scene analysis and hearing capability of humanoids, specifically iCup, based on the human brain circuitry.
- Mosadeghzad, D. Naderi, and S. Ganjefar, “Dynamic modeling and stability optimization of a redundant mobile robot using a genetic algorithm,” Robotica Journal, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 505–514, 2012.
- M Mosadeghzad, F Rea, MS Tata, L Brayda, G Sandini, “Saliency based sensor fusion of broadband sound localizer for humanoids” IEEE-RAS International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI), San Diego 2015.
- Mosadeghzad, Nikos Karavas, Arash Ajoudani, Nikos G. Tsagarakis, Emmanouil Spyrakos and Darwin G. Caldwell, “Optimal Human-Inspired Ankle Stiffness Regulation for Humanoid Balancing Control” IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots November 18-20th, 2014, Madrid, Spain.
- Mosadeghzad M, Tsagarakis N. G., Medrano Cerda G. and Caldwell D. G., “Power Efficient Balancing Control for Humanoids based on Approximate Optimal Ankle Compliance Regulation”, IEEE/RSJ 2014 IEEE International conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2014), May 31 – June 5, 2014 Hong Kong, China.
- Dallali H, Mosadeghzad M, Medrano Cerda G., Loc V, Tsagarakis N. G., Gesino M and Caldwell D. G., “Designing a High Performance Humanoid Robot Based on Dynamic Simulation”, UKSim-AMSS 7th European Modelling Symposium on Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation (EMS2013), 2013, Manchester,UK.
- Mosadeghzad M, Medrano Cerda G., Tsagarakis N. G. and Caldwell D. G., “Impedance Control with inner PI Torque Loop: Effects of Load Dynamics, Disturbance Attenuation and Impedance Emulation”, Robotics and Biomimetics, 2013 International Conference (IEEE-ROBIO 2013).
- Mosadeghzad M, Li Z, Tsagarakis N. G., Medrano Cerda G., Dallali H, and Caldwell D. G., “Optimal Ankle Compliance for Balancing Humanoids”, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), November 3-7, 2013, Tokyo, Japan.
- Dallali H., Mosadeghzad M., Medrano Cerda G., N. G. Tsagarakis, D. Caldwell, “A Dynamic Simulator for the Compliant Humanoid Robot, CoMan”, ICRA 2013 Workshop on Developments of Simulation Tools for Robotics & Biomechanics.
- Dallali H., Mosadeghzad M., Medrano Cerda G. A., Docquier N., Kormushev P., Tsagarakis N. G., Li Z. and Caldwell D. G.,” Development of a dynamic simulator for a compliant humanoid robot based on a symbolic multibody approach”, ICM 2013 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics , pp. 598 – 603, Vicenza (ITALY) – February 27-28 , March 1 2013
- Mosadeghzad, G. Medrano-Cerda, J. Saglia, N. G. Tsagarakis, D. Caldwell, “Comparison of various active impedance control approaches, modeling, implementation, passivity, stability and tradeoffs,” in International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM). IEEE/ASME, 2012, pp. 342–348.