Dr. Piotr Skrzypacz joined Nazarbayev as an Assistant Professor in the summer of 2014. He was born in Poland.
He received his Master degree in Mathematics from the Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg. Subsequently, he worked there on the interdisciplinary project in chemical reactor engineering and got Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics in 2012. His research is focussed on the field of Applied Mathematics, especially Finite Element Methods for Fluid Mechanics. He held postdoctoral appointments with interdisciplinary research groups at the Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg and at the Max-Planck-Institute in Magdeburg.
2. P.Skrzypacz, D. Wei. Solvability of the Brinkman-Forchheimer-Darcy Equation, Journal of Applied Mathematics, Volume 2017, Article ID 7305230 https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/7305230
3. P.Skrzypacz, D. Wei, X. Yu. Nonlinear Waves in Rods and Beams of Power-Law Materials, Journal of Applied, Mathematics Volume 2017 (2017), Article ID 2095425 https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/2095425
4. P.Skrzypacz. Local Projection Stabilization for Linearized Brinkman-Forchheimer-Darcy Equation, in International Conference Functional analysis in interdisciplinary applications (FAIA2017), AIP Conference Proceedings 1880, 060010 (2017); edited by Tynysbek Kalmenov and Makhmud Sadybekov (American Institute of Physics, Melville, NY, 2017), http://doi.org/10.1063/1.5000664
5. P.Skrzypacz, S. Kadirov, Y. Familiant. A simple analysis of flying capacitor converter, COMPEL: The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering,2018, https://doi.org/10.1108/COMPEL-07-2017-0282
6. Daniyar Omarov, Daulet Nurakhmetov, Dongming Wei, Piotr Skrzypacz: On the Application of Sturm’s Theorem to Analysis of Dynamic Pull-in for a Graphene-based MEMS Model, Applied and Computational Mechanics 12 (2018) 59–72. https://doi.org/10.24132/acm.2018.413
7. P.Skrzypacz, S. Kadyrov, D. Nurakhmetov, D. Wei: Analysis of Dynamic Pull-in Voltage of a Nonlinear Material NEMS Model, Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, 45 (2019) 581-589 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nonrwa.2018.07.025
8. P.Skrzypacz, F. Schieweck, L. Tobiska. Construction of L2 orthogonal elements of arbitrary order for Local Projection Stabilization, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 337 (2018) 87-101 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2018.04.070