Timur Atabaev, PhD, MRSC
Position: Assistant Professor
Phone: +7 (7172) 694699
Dr. Timur Sh. Atabaev received his Ph.D. in Nanotechnology in 2012 at Pusan National University, South Korea. From 2012 to 2017, he worked as a research professor both in Pusan and Seoul National Universities. Starting from 2017 he is working as an Assistant Professor in Chemistry at Nazarbayev University. His areas of specialization include multifunctional materials and advanced nanostructures for biomedical, optical, energy, sensing and photocatalytic applications. He has delivered several invited talks and served as a committee member for numerous international meetings. He is a member of the American Chemical Society and Royal Society of Chemistry. Also, he is a recipient of the “Young Researcher of the Year” Scopus 2018 award.
- Multifunctional nanostructures for biomedical applications
- Optical properties of fluorescent and phosphorescent materials
- Semiconductor nanostructures for catalytic and energy applications
- T. Atabaev, Doped carbon dots for sensing and bioimaging applications: A minireview, Nanomaterials 8 (2018) 342.
- T.S. Atabaev et al., Toxicity and T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging potentials of holmium oxide nanoparticles, Nanomaterials 7 (2017) 216.
- T.S. Atabaev, et al., Multicolor nanoprobes based on silica-coated gadolinium oxide nanoparticles with highly reduced toxicity, RSC Advances 6 (2016) 19758–19762.
- H.H.T. Vu, T.S. Atabaev, et al., TiO2 nanofiber/nanoparticles composite photoelectrodes with improved light harvesting ability for dye-sensitized solar cells, Electrochimica Acta 193 (2016) 166-171.
Full list of publications can be found via Scopus link.