2001 – Ph.D. Texas A&M University, College Station, USA
1993 – B.Sc. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Dr. Ramankulov graduated from Moscow State University in 1993 majoring in Molecular Biology and earned his Ph.D. at Texas A&M University in the field of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics. Subsequently he worked at CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), Fort Collins, USA and Midweat Research Institute, Frederick, USA. In 2005 he assumed a position of Director of the National Center for Biotechnology, Astana, Kazakhstan.
Dr. Ramankulov is an expert in molecular genetics of bacteria and viruses.
– Study of gastritis and gastric cancer in the Kazakh population
– Genetic factors of the development of restenosis
– Frequency of HLA-DRB1 alleles in rheumatoid arthritis patients in Kazakhstan population
– Role of genetic factors in the development of osteoporosis in Kazakhstan women
– HLA typing of the Kazakh population
– Pharmacogenetic screening in patients with cardiovascular diseases
– Genetic markers of susceptibility to drugs
– Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors: medication efficiency, sensitivity markers
– Genetic loci associated with metabolic disorders of metabolic processes on basis of allele polymorphisms present in the populations of Kazakhstan.
– Genetic association among dieting behaviors, BMI, and genotype of taste receptors and food behavior genes in the Kazakh population.
– Study mutations associated with drug resistance to rifampicin and isoniazid in Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from Kazakhstan.
– High-throughput and cost-effective techniques for the control and surveillance of infectious diseases in Kazakhstan: the multi-drug and extremely-drug resistance tuberculosis problem
Key words: Genomics, Biomedicine, Molecular Genetics of Bacteria and Viruses, Molecular Diagnostics
Polymorphisms in genes involved in the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of drugs in the Kazakhs of Kazakhstan.
A Iskakova, A Romanova, A Aitkulova, N Sikhayeva, E Zholdybaeva, E Ramanculov
(2016) BMC genetics 17 (1), 1
Genetic risk factors for restenosis after percutaneous coronary intervention in Kazakh population
E Zholdybayeva, Y Talzhanov, A Aitkulova, P Tarlykov, G Kulmambetova, A Iskakova, A Dzholdasbekova, O Visternichan, D Taizhanova, Ye Ramanculov
(2016) Human genomics 10 (1), 1
Mutations in the pncA and rpsA genes among 77 Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates in Kazakhstan
A Akhmetova, U Kozhamkulov, V Bismilda, L Chingissova, T Abildaev, M Dymova, M Filipenko, E Ramanculov
(2015) The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 19 (2), 179-184
Genetic diversity of Brucella abortus and Brucella melitensis in Kazakhstan using MLVA-16
A Shevtsov, E Ramanculov, E Shevtsova, A Kairzhanova, P Tarlykov, et al.
(2015) Infection, Genetics and Evolution 34: 173-180
A Novel Mutation in a Kazakh Family with X-Linked Alport Syndrome
B Baikara, E Zholdybayeva, S Rakhimova, N Nigmatullina, K Momynaliev, Y Ramanculov
(2015) PloS One; 10(7): e0132010
Characterization of DNA substrate specificities of apurinic/apyrimidinic endonucleases from Mycobacterium tuberculosis
S Abeldenov, I Talhaoui, D Zharkov, A Ishchenko, E Ramanculov, et al.
(2015) DNA Repair; 33: 1-16
SplitCore Technology Allows Efficient Production of Virus-Like Particles Presenting a Receptor-Contacting Epitope of Human IgE
A Baltabekova, Z Shagyrova, A Kamzina, M Voykov, Y Zhiyenbay, E Ramanculov, A Shustov
(2015) Molecular biotechnology,57(8): 746-55
Proximity Utilizing Biotinylation of Nuclear Proteins in vivo.
A Kulyassov, G Zhubanova, E Ramanculov, V Ogryzko
(2015) Central Asian Journal of Global Health 3
Allele frequency and genotype distribution of 9 SNPs in the Kazakh population
A Iskakova, A Romanova, E Voronina, N Sikhayeva, L Belozerceva, M Filipenko, E Ramanculov
(2014) Journal of Pharmacogenomics & Pharmacoproteomics 2014
Genetic Profile and Determinants of Homocysteine Levels in Kazakhstan Patients with
Breast Cancer. A Akilzhanova, Z Nurkina, K Momynaliev, E Ramanculov, et al.
(2014) Anticancer Research 34 (6), 3231-3232
Express immunochromatographic detection of antibodies against Brucella abortus in cattle
sera based on quantitative photometric registration and modulated cut-off level
D Sotnikov, N Byzova, A Zherdev, S Eskendirova, K Baltin, K Mukanov, E Ramankulov, et al.
(2014) Journal of Immunoassay and Immunochemistry
Association of cytokine gene polymorphisms with gastritis in a kazakh population
G Kulmambetova, M Imanbekova, A Logvinenko, A Sukashev, M Filipenko, et al.
(2014) Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15 (18), 7763-8